Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > anyone have ideas for troubleshooting em...
anyone have ideas for troubleshooting email/print failures on maxisys pro?

5715 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-31 20:12:52

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    cmcginnis
    2015-03-09 13:39:23

Hi guys!

I've been trying to get data off of my Maxisys for client communications. I can not get the thing to print nor can I get a data email out of the Maxisys program.

Where I stand so far for email is:

Internet and network connectivity is confirmed for the Maxisys.

I can successfully send, receive, and sync email from the Maxisys using the supplied email client on the Android home screen.

When I attempt to send a Vehicle History Report, I select Email from the Forward Arrow drop down box on the top right of the Maxisys program screen. I enter the email address and send it. It responds with "Sending failed. Please check the network."

As for the printing issue:

I installed the software that came with the Maxisys on my pc.

When I open the Maxisys Print application, it responds with "Open Adobe PDF Reader failed, please install the Adobe PDF Reader!"

I had version 11 installed at the time of installation. I uninstalled both programs and re-installed them. The same error message was displayed.

I have also downloaded the Maxisys updated PC Suite as well as Adobe Reader 10, and uninstalled/reinstalled both programs a couple of times.

Also, I can ping the Maxisys from my pc successfully.

On the Maxisys, under the Printing Setting, the only option available is "Print via network."

I called the support center. The tech performed a remote desktop protocol session and was unable to resolve either of the issues. I have also sent an email to both of the support email addresses that I have. I have yet to hear back on anything from Autel.

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. This is about all I can think of to check.

Is this a known current issue? Are there any solutions available? I saw a couple of posts about similar issues from a while back, but can't seem to find any recent or final updates on the issues.

Thanks in advance for any information you guys can provide as to helping out with these two issues. I appreciate it!

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-03-09 15:08:43 (Reply to:cmcginnis)

The simplest solution I found was to use the web browser and log into your email and then attach file and email from there.  There is an issue with the built in email app and attaching files, it always says sending fail.  The problem with printing through your PC might be your anti virus or firewall.  I have no issues with printing through windows 7 and windows 8, so it might be your configuration in windows.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    cmcginnis
    2015-03-09 15:50:36 (Reply to:Dave08902)

Thanks for the reply, Dave!

That's frustrating! Haha!

I assume that you just take a screenshot and forward that to the client? I was hoping for a pretty little pdf package with all of the data stored to magically appear in my customers inbox... :P

Hmm. I will continue to look into the printing thing. I don't see any settings that would directly affect it. Do you know if the program looks for any specific ports to be available?

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    46motors61

2015-03-09 16:16:44 (Reply to:Dave08902)

I have the same problem sending files to my email or printing I have done it before but it has always been a hit and miss

can you give us more information how you do this through the internet browser? how do you attach the files?

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-03-09 19:48:27 (Reply to:46motors61)

Click on web browser, it is just to the left of the camera icon on the bottom of the screen.  It is google chrome, log into your email account of your choice just like on a computer.  in the email click on attach file and then click on mnt, then sdcard, then scan, then data, then PDF.  That is the directory that has all your PDF files at, Choose what you want and then send your email to whoever you want.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    MobileMan

2016-07-31 20:12:52 (Reply to:cmcginnis)

Hi! I see this is an old post but I might have a solution and a question at the same time. I am able to see my printer and send email on my device with all my internet access modem ports (ports: 0-65535)forwarded on my maxisys scan tool IP address! Now my question is, does anyone know which ports are actually needed to be forwarded so that the internet doesn't act-up on my other devices?  Because forwarding all ports to this device does interrupt some web links to the other devices. I hope someone can answer my question.  Thanks!
  Total1 Pages